Monday, October 6, 2008

Mich & Hydes Wedding



It was my first time to attend a same-sex marriage but I never thought it would be here in the Philippines. I know that it is already legal in other countries particularly South Africa, Canada, Belgium, the Netherlands and Spain. I’ve been to US two months ago, and last June, marital bliss, same-sex style, broke out all over the Bay Area as every county clerk's office in the state began issuing marriage licenses to gays and lesbians.
I don’t know much about gay or lesbian. I must admit I have yet to read many logical arguments against marriage equality. But in what way does the marriage of two women harm the marriage of anyone else? There is no conceivable way it could. I can’t even say that Gay and Lesbian marriages are wrong. Some people are just born different. Somehow, for me, Marriage is about love, not gender. I respect people’s opinion and decisions.( The same way I respect Mich and Heidi’s)
Here in the Philippines, some homosexual organizations are still calling for the legalization of same-sex union. To some people, it would offend humanity and society and will cause social rift. Oh well, they may be right too in some ways. What can I say? Maybe find something else what you enjoy doing most. After all, the world has many more problems to worry about. CHEERS to the newlyweds!


No comments: